Wednesday 19 February 2014

Homemade cards

My friend and I felt the need for a relaxing evening in with tea yesterday so I cooked and she brought round some blank cards and coloured cardboard and we had a great time seeing what we could do.


What you will need

Glue
Scissors
Letter stamps and ink
Coloured card
Blank cards and envelopes

What you might need

Knitting stuff
Wool
Ribbons
Buttons
Marker pen

You can buy all this stuff online cheaply but in terms of what you stick on the cards, I would encourage you to keep a 'bits and bobs' box with crafts things for occasions like this. 

Making the cards


We got quite a lot of inspiration from 'Pinterest' but also just had a go at things to see how they turned out with mixed results.... Generally we found that simple was effective!

Simple red card cut out and letter stamps....




Triangular coloured card bunting, wool and letter stamps
Thick ribbon, card heart shape and letter stamps


Knitted strawberries, ribbon and letter stamps


Coloured card shapes and letter stamps

 As you can see, we made a lot of use of simple card shapes. I really like sewing cute knitted shapes on too, previously I have done a little knitted mug ('You're my cup of tea!') and my friend received a card with a little knitted house on the front when we moved in together. I'm definitely going to try ore of those in future.

Friends, expect a homemade card soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment