Tuesday 5 August 2014

Wedding gift - my first commission!

One of my friends recently went to a festival themed wedding, and asked me to help her create a homemade gift as the bride and groom did not want traditional presents.

We decided we couldn't go wrong with something boozey so I made raspberry gin (for the flavour, versatility and gorgeous deep pink colour). I think it went pretty well!


All you need to do is find a pretty (clean) bottle and put around 150g raspberries and 1 tbsp sugar in the bottom. Fill it up to near the top with gin and leave to infuse for a month or so. Invert the bottle to mix it every few days (later on in the infusion time this doesn't matter so much) and add a bit more sugar if you want it sweeter. If you are intending to mix it will prosecco, tonic or lemonade I would recommend leaving it tart...

I tied a gift tag with cocktail recipe suggestions around the stem of the bottle and tied it with a ribbon and added a homemade card (see previous post!) to complete the gift. 


2 comments:

  1. I can attest that the result was delicious! Thanks Helen - it was a truly inspired gift. I particularly recommend it with the prosecco...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, and congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete